Friday, May 4, 2012

Modus Hoperandi



I don't know why in the hell I haven't gotten around to posting a brief about this beer. Wait, yeah I do. I end up beginning to drink a few of these until it erases my memory along with all thought of writing about it. Well, suddenly sobriety is good for something isn't it?

The 6.8% ABV may have something to do with my above comment, but this is indeed a very good IPA with a very strong, biting hop flavour. You will notice some citrus-y taste...and maybe pine...well if anyone really ate pine this might be a hint of what it would be like. These kicks in my opinion aren't too powerful, it's the hop that is the victor here. This makes me wonder what the time frame is on their boil times for flavouring and bittering...maybe they really put pieces of wood and bark in there. I don't know, but this could be fun to clone one day. 

Props to Ska Brewing Company, and props to possibly the best (and probably only) IPA I have ever drank out of a can. Maybe these guys in Colorado are figuring out it is cheaper to manufacture cans instead of bottles without modifying the taste?

No comments:

Post a Comment