Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Yes-in-fucking-deed!


It's true, humans can truly be happy. I am sure of it; I think it's happened to me. 

'Things' aren't going to be great for many of us humans, and especially never all at the same time, but there comes a point where many of big 'things' are going wonderfully...so much that, it snubs all the lesser-negatives. 

Right now in my continual bliss, I have realized just how unhappy and unsatisfied I had been. I can see that now because of how positive and content I am with 'things' today. How did I get there? I don't know, piss off. I don't have answers. I tried to stay as optimistic as I could and just kept fighting the good fight. Due-diligence and part-and-parcel efforts to get what I wanted. Maybe that's the formula?

What I do know, is that I can't give myself much of the credit. In life, there is good fortune and serendipity that create successes, but can we attribute so much of it to that? Is some of it God? Is it just arbitrary blessings? Is it all God? I also know that as a rational human being, good things happening in my life make me feel happiness, and indeed, that is happening. But what I am finding now is that I feel this awe and gratitude for everything in my life--both positive and negative. If I am happy not only in my emotions, but in my heart, then I feel like by default I have to attribute it to something bigger and unfathomable. If I am thankful for the obstacles and struggles that I face, something seemingly non-human has changed in my logic. I then find it not only necessary as a Christian, but very reasonable as a human to give credit and praise to God for the blessings that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment