Thursday, September 20, 2012

Raj IPA

Raj IPA

Well well, don't we love our IPAs here. I know a little about Four Peaks Brewery in Arizona because Brooks and I have effing been there and tried this right out of Schut's faucet. However it was only until recently that I came across this beer in Dallas and was reminded that I should write a little about it. 

But let me tell you that it isn't amazing. I am probably a jerk when it comes to compliments on IPAs because I drink them all the time, yet still don't get me wrong this is worth a try. After all, this is my opinion. Therefore I can say whatever I want. I can say you're a dumb face. Now, back to the Raj, it's dry like an IPA should be, and it's also strong at 6.9% and leaves a good aftertaste that is not overly bitter. It's not fruity, though I've read other people say that, which to me is cliche because everyone likes to use that adjective to describe an IPA as a compliment. I didn't find any reminders of fruit in this ale, and in fact the smell if anything was a nice, crisp surprise: it was simply fresh. 


Before you raise the glass up to your mouth the smell has an appeal to it that I liken to water, which makes your mouth want to take it down in satiating gulps. Drinkability here is on another level. Four Peaks Brewery should also get props because they sell it at their bar in Tempe. I have a great respect for Breweries who have made it to the point of brewing in the back and putting their product right over the counter in front. I give this a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment